Followers

Sunday, 7 October 2012

Enlightenment.








This week has been a very testing week for me with the obstacles I have faced. It may sound corny and even clichéd but among the turmoil I have also seen some light and put my thoughts on paper, by composing the following poem. This poem works at two levels for me. The feedback I have received about my poetry at the writers group is that maybe I need to trim the rhyme and really get to the core of the emotions. Unlike my usual rhyming poems I have started experimenting with a prose poetry style. This poem has also been like catharsis for me. Here goes.



The Light Within Turmoil.



Acted in haste,

Repent a life sentence.

Not just at leisure

I live and breath the karma.





Although I have broken the chains

I am still held prisoner

of the cruel torture chamber.

Trying to break the wings I found.



Consuming my mind, body and soul

eating away the goodness.

Gripping so tight I cannot breath,

Passive suffocation

away from the darkness of the dungeon.



I now hold the key

and nobody can touch me.

It causes pain

That I am not held captive

Inside the cage.



Going insane

with an unfulfilled mission,

of obsessive vendetta.

Trying to break me at a distance

Crumbling down on my knees.



This bird has strong wings

and will keep flying high.

In captive I did not break

and walked away standing tall

cutting the rope of suffocation.



I cannot be harmed at distance.

The light of an angel

Set me free,

from the darkness of the dungeon.

This light fuels my inner fight.




2 comments:

  1. This is amazing Maya and I know and somewhat understand the pain that you feel my lovely. x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andli for your comment. I knew you would relate to this poem. xxx

      Delete